Tuesday, October 11, 2011

*BC* Advices




Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.


—Steve Jobs, in a 2005 speech

I agree with Steve Jobs advice to life when making choices. If we start to live our life to the fullest, this world would be a much better place. We wouldn’t have regrets and do our best on everything knowing today might be our last day alive. We would do things we always wanted to do but never find the time to do it. We would say the stuff we wanted to say to that special person. We would start living for our self not to meet someone’s expectation.
I remember reading this quote from somewhere a long time ago. Well no exactly the same words but it’s almost the same meaning. It’s telling me to live my life as if today is my last day alive. I never really follow the quote, but when I make big choices I would think about it. The quote affects me in a good and bad ways. The good ways are I won’t do stuff I will regret in the future. I wouldn’t do something permanent because of something temporary. I will think of the outcome before any action or before I said something.  The bad thing about this quote that had affected me was I can never really let go of something. When I wanted to give up something, I will always think that today’s my last day. It’s been so hard on me that I know it’s better for me to let go, but I just can’t. I would probably learn that I’m the type of person who can’t completely let go of something that I know might kill me one day.
My advice to others is “appreciate what you have before time makes you appreciate what you had”. Time never stops for anyone, so it will never stop for you. Appreciate what you have now before time takes it away from you. Never take anyone for granted, that person won’t wait forever, he/she will leave one day. A lot of kids take their parent for granted, our parent will not stay with us forever, so show them your love before it’s too late. Another advice is “Take the risk, if it’s what you wanted it’s worth it all.”  Life is all about taking risks and learns about who you truly are. Don’t hesitate to do something you want because if that’s what you wanted, it’s worth it. Don’t regret something, because at one point that exactly what you wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment