Friday, September 16, 2011

*CE* Priests Sexually Abusing Kids!?


So I was looking around Google reader this afternoon. Wondering what I should write for my current event post. I came across a very disgusting news. In the CatholicChurch, there had been a serious of sexual-abuse happening in Europe and the US recent year. After so many cases, for the first time it has been brought to an international jurisdiction.

Megan Peterson, a 21-year-old SNAP member who spoke publicly of her abuse for the first time last week, was among those backing the initiative.
Describing her ordeal, she recalled: "When at age 15, I called the diocese to report the rapes they hung up on me."
She called on the ICC to "take this case seriously and do the right thing".
"I don't want any more kids to go through what I went through," she said.

You got to be kidding me right? Catholic priests sexually abusing kids. There’s no more justice in this world anymore? I use to think church should be a safe place to be at, but I guess I was wrong. Priests are raping kids and they didn’t get punish for it. It is very disgusting and just wrong…
The ICC prosecutor has received nearly 9,000 independent proposals for inquiries since 2002, when the court was created as the world's only permanent war crimes tribunal, and has never opened a formal investigation based solely on such a request.
The ICC prosecutor's office said the evidence would be studied.
"We first have to analyze whether the alleged crimes fall under the court's jurisdiction,'' it said in a statement.
Seriously? This is disgusting. These kinds of bastards are the one making the world an ugly place.

No comments:

Post a Comment